Ashley and Brenda Hanson live in Edmonton, ALberta. Ashley is finishing off his psychology degree and working as a youth worker. Brenda recently finished her Kinesiology degree and is working! This blog is the exciting life and times of the Edmonton Hansons!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It Never Stops

So the learning and the frustrations never end. Sometimes I just want a break from God "teaching" me things. It has been a really hard few months as we seem to face trial after trial. I was driving the other day after hearing some bad news and I felt frustrated. I kept saying to God "What the heck is going on? Why do we never get a break?" Then this song came on! It was so comforting to hear. God is the only one that can fully understand our feelings. He wants us just to come to him, to climb up in his lap and he will comfort us. He is the ultimate comforter! I can't imagine ever wanting to leave the presence of God! He is so faithful, even through hard times where there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel!


Keep Singing ( Mercy Me )

Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain
All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through
I gotta keep singing

I gotta keep praising Your name
Your the one that's keeping my heart beating
I gotta keep singing
gotta keep praising Your name

That's the only way that I'll find healing
Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me

I gotta keep singing
Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Oh You're everything I need
And I gotta keep singing

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad and Samantha said...

Hey.. well I wanted you to know that I just sent you a big hug! Hope things get better for you real soon! Keep pressing on... and like Marie always said "be faithful in the small things"!
Lov ya Bren,
Samantha:)

3:06 PM

 
Blogger Jesse and Sarah said...

I hope things have gotten better since you wrote this post. I haven't heard the song, I'll have to check it out and use it for a similar occasion. We are leaving Winnipeg soon. See you guys soon.

7:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Brenda! The whole refining and breaking chapter in life really sucks- at the time! I'll be praying for you this week- that you'll keep on singing His praise despite what is being thrown in your path. Love ya,
Kerri

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home